Welcome to Week 2 of Study Hall!
Hi! It’s Dani and I’m back with week two of our free training, Study Hall all about Mastering Instagram! If you missed out on Week 1 or need to grab the Study Hall Notes so that you can follow along with the training, find all the details here.
In today’s post I’m diving into how you can create a simple 5 minute daily Instagram routine to help increase engagement and build credibility with your followers. Turn to the page titled 5 Minute Downtime Plan in your Study Hall notes to follow along!
The number one complaint I hear from business owners is that they don’t feel like they have enough time to invest in social media.
As your company grows, it’s possible that managing social media will become a part (or full!) time job for an employee, but until then it is possible to make great strides even with limited time and the hectic life of a business owner.
Look through the list below and put together a 5 minute action plan to complete whenever you have down time. The next time you are sitting at the airport or standing in line, work through this action plan rather than mindlessly scrolling Facebook or checking your email for the 50th time, do these simple steps!
CREATE A 5 MINUTE PLAN
In your notes you’ll see a space to create your own 5 minute plan that will help you create actionable steps that you can take each day to manage your social media.
Here are some great options that you can incorporate into your plan:
(C/L = commenting/liking)
- C/L on posts you’ve been tagged or mentioned in.
- Check your notifications for any comments on your posts, respond and like those comments or respond to questions.
- C/L and liking posts on your main feed.
- C/L posts under hashtags you use as a brand.
- C/L on posts your ideal customer would use.
- Find 5 new accounts to follow. Give them 3 likes and 2 comments after you follow.
Sample 5 Minute Plan
1 minute – Comment and Like on posts on my main feed.
1 minute – watch recent Instagram Stories and send 3 messages.
2 minutes – find 3 new accounts that inspire me. Follow them, like 3 posts and leave 2 comments.
1 minute – like 20 posts under a hashtag related to my industry.
Now it’s your turn. Create your 5 Minute Plan in your Study Hall Notes!
NEED MORE INSPO? CHECK OUT YOUR FAV ACCOUNTS!
Visit your “inspiration” accounts for even more ideas. Have a list of 3-5 accounts that you think are “doing things right”. See what new photography styles, props or features they are integrating into their Instagram Strategy.
Some brands that I like to follow are:
- @AColorStory (color and editing inspiration)
- @DSWshoelovers (I think they do a great job with IG stories)
- @GlitterGuide (great example of an account curated by a color theme and good integration and proper use of an owned hashtag, #FlashesofDelight)
- @Instagram (follow them to hear first about releases and new features, they often announce them in Stories as well as show quick tutorials on how to use the new features
- @YogaGirl (great example of writing captions that are authentic and meaningful).
- @JennaKutcher (great example of having an authentic voice and how to pitch a product without sounding too sales-y)
- @Food52 (great example of using both photos and videos in your instagram feed)
That wraps up week 2 of our Mastering Instagram Study Hall! How are you feeling? I hope you’ll try implementing your 5 Minute Plan in the next few days then head over to TMA’s Facebook page and leave me your thoughts, comments and questions on how it’s going! I’ll be back next week as we dive into recurring features and then going LIVE the following week!